When a parent or loved one gets a call in the middle of the night, it can be very stressful and mind-boggling to figure out how Encinitas Bail Bonds work at the Vista jail. If you make a mistake, it can cost you lots of money in bail bond premium.
Firstly, anyone arrested in North County San Diego or Encinitas Ca will be taking over to the Vista Detention Center in Vista California. It’s at the Vista jail where the arrest and the booking process begins. If you were hoping for a quick bail bondi process and getting your loved one out very quickly, forget it. The bail process at the Vista jail takes anywhere from 4 to 12 hours until your family member is released after a bail bond is posted.
For every crime you can imagine, there is already a set amount in which the defendant has to pay in order to get out of the Vista jail during their court case. This is usually 10% of the entire bail amount. The bail bondsman puts up the other 90% with a bond and promises that the defendant will show up for all the court cases or the Encinitas bail bondsman will be responsible for the entire bill amount if the defendant skips bail.
Secondly, once the defendant is in the Vista Jail they will be fingerprinted and their identity verified. They are then sent to the FBI to check for any outstanding warrants in any other state in the USA. The fingerprinting process can take anywhere from 2 to 6 hours depending upon how busy the Vista jail is and how busy the FBI is processing fingerprints from around the country. Once to fingerprint check comes back and there are no outstanding warrants, then in Encinitas bail bondsman can post the bail at that time.
Thirdly, once it has been posted at the Vista Detention Center, the defendant will go into an exit process that could take anywhere from 1 to 5 hours. If the defendant was arrested for DUI, they are required by law to stay in jail for at least 8 hours before they are released back into the public. This helps drunk driving defendants when they get out of jail that they are completely sober and there’s no liability at the Vista Detention Center if they get into another accident. In the exit process, the arrestee will get all our possessions back, including their phone, money, jewelry, and any other articles that they were arrested with.
The defendant will have a future court date that they need to appear at once they are out back into the public on a bail bond. It’s very important that the defendant does not violate the bail contract and commit no additional crimes once an Encinitas bail bond has been posted.